Peruvian Alpine Climbing Adventures
Peru offers an incredible array of climbing that mixes high-altitude challenges with the thrill of alpine climbing and a rich cultural context. The list of potential objectives in the Cordillera Blanca region is long (and high!). This range is filled with numerous valleys that, in turn, unfold to present a multitude of proud peaks. Some favorites include: Yanapaccha, Tocclarajulera, Artesonraju, Alpamayo, and Urus Este. After landing in Lima, we typically travel to the lively mountain town of Huaraz to acclimatize at 10,000', adding in day hikes to locations like Laguna Churup—a stunning lake above 14,000' that lies beneath the massive peak of Churup. Another fantastic option is an overnight trip to Hatun Machay, where mystical tufts poke out of a magical high mountain grasslands, offering excellent options for sport climbing and crevasse rescue practice. Whatever the acclimatization method, we then set off to these wonderful peaks. And whatever Peruvian objectives you choose, the beauty, challenge, and exhilaration will leave you changed--and leave you forever passionate about alpine climbing.
Check out the information below and these additional pages:
- Peru Alpine Climbing Adventures Itinerary Options
- Peru Alpine Climbing Clothing, Gear, & Equipment Guide
- Peru Alpine Climbing Acclimatization Options
Putting Together Your Customized Peruvian Alpine Climbing Adventure
Once you've checked out our Peru Alpine Climbing Adventures Itinerary Options page, if you've got a particular Peruvian objective in mind and want to get dates on the calendar, or if you'd like to discuss the array of options that exist and create one best suited to you, connect with us now.
Our Peru-specific information, including scheduling, payment, and policies information appears below. Please be sure to review it.
Reserving Your Peru Alpine Climbing Adventure Dates
We offer customized Peruvian climbs during the optimal May-July window and we will work in close consultation with you to put together a fine-tuned adventure based on your goals, experience, timeframe, and preferences. Please connect with us to get that conversation started. Your dates are reserved once we receive a non-refundable 30% of the total adventure costs (or the full costs if your adventure is less than 60 days away). Payment can easily be made via your choice of:
- Paypal: Paypal transfer to adventurespiritguides@ . If paying via this method, please be sure to click on the "Friends" option, as this eliminates transfer fees. gmail.com
- Venmo: Send payment to @Kel-Rossiter.
- Check: Payable to "Adventure Spirit LLC" mailed to: 83A North Champlain Street, Burlington, VT 05401
- Cash: If you prefer to pay cash, please contact us to arrange payment.
Because of the logistics involved in Peruvian Alpine Adventures, pricing is developed according to the custom-tailored climb that we create with you. Through conversation, we'll explore what your timeline is, what style of travel you prefer, and what your goals are. Based on this, we can collaboratively develop an Peruvian Alpine Adventure that best fits you.
About Our Pricing
- Apples to Apples: You will find a variety of rate schemes listed for various guide services, but regardless of how you do the math, you will find our rates to be the most competitive. Be sure you're comparing "apples to apples", by paying attention to the following things...
- Guide Training & Qualifications: What are the teaching and leadership qualifications of your guides? All of our North Cascades trips are led by Kel Rossiter is an American Mountain Guide Association (AMGA) International Federation of Mountain Guides Association (IFMGA) Certified Mountain Guide. This is the highest and most rigorous level of training and certification attainable for climbing guides. This process takes years of training and examination. To learn a bit more about the process, click here.
- Customization Through Collaboration: The trip development process is the result of a collaborative process where we learn about your timeline, climbing goals, and adventure preferences. Based on that, we develop a climbing adventure that takes your existing knowledge and skills to new heights. Your customized program allows you to pursue your objectives in your own style and pace or we can work with you to have you join a group. But we don't just cobble groups together—because we've been in direct communication with you, we can coach you in joining a group that with a shared set of approaches and goals. If we have another interested climber that seems to share your style and spirit, we'll offer you the opportunity to climb together and share costs. But the ultimate decision is up to you, based on your overall goals and priorities.
- Adventure Agility: Large companies that offer pre-established group trips typically have a rigid plan, making mid-course corrections difficult. Customized, small-group trips developed in synch with the guide actually leading your trip allow for agility. If weather or route conditions aren't favorable on a particular peak, we can smoothly re-route; if more time is needed to acclimatize, we can adjust. A key component to success and safety in the mountains is adaptability and customized, small-group trips maximize this.
- Personal Communication: How much communication will your guide service provide in helping you to best prepare for your adventure? You can call and talk directly with your guide anytime. We pride ourselves on being there as your guide throughout the entire adventure process, from preparation, to the event, to moving onward and upward after that!
- Skilled Professional Coaching: Will you be communicating with office staff or your actual guide? When you contact us, you'll be speaking directly with the guide you'll be climbing with, a guide who works in the field full-time and is familiar with the particulars of your adventure, and can help you best prepare for it.
- Oranges to Oranges: Check out most Peruvian climbing programs and count up the “program days” versus the actual climbing days. You'll see that several of those “program days” are travel to and from the US to Lima to Huaraz (the launch town). Our itineraries and pricing are built upon actual in-country expedition days.
Taking into account these and other factors, we believe you’ll find Adventure Spirit to be the optimal value. If you have any questions regarding what sets our services above the rest in terms of performance and pricing, please contact us to learn about the Adventure Spirit edge.
Cancellation & Change Policies for Peruvian Alpine Climbing Adventures
We plan our Peruvian Alpine Climbing Adventures season and related travel based on our anticipated work calendar. This scheduling takes place months in advance of the that season. Our cancellation and change policy helps our guides with job security. Guides with job security are able to make a career out of it, and hence, excel at it. With that in mind, Adventure Spirit maintains the following cancellation and change policies specific to Peruvian Alpine Climbing Adventures.
- A 30% non-refundable deposit secures your adventure dates.
- There are absolutely no refunds or credits given for any reason on your deposit once your deposit has been made.
- Full payment is requested no later than 90 days before your adventure.
- Policies regarding refunds/credits of the 70% remainder are described below.
Weather & Route Changes
Mountain weather can be variable and sometimes the particular route we intended may not be in shape. In such situations, we will work with you to develop a plan that will make the best use of the given conditions. These adjustments may include a change of our intended climbing route or a change of climbing objective if it is unreasonable to continue with your chosen adventure based on current or forecasted weather, avalanche conditions, or route conditions.
Other Cancellations & Changes
Our International Adventures involve significant planning, travel and permit fees, and logistical preparations well in advance of this trip. For these reasons the cancellation and change policies below are in effect.
- There are no refunds or credits given on the 30% deposit.
- For any cancellation made 90 or more days in advance, we will return 100% of any of the 70% remainder that has been paid.
- For any cancellation made less than 90 days in advance of the trip, no portion of the 70% remainder that has been paid shall be refunded or credited.
In the event that Adventure Spirit needs to cancel the trip or requests a change of scheduling, we will be in touch with you immediately. We will work to see if rescheduling is possible. If that is not possible, we will work to set you up with an alternative guide/guide service and we will refund all of your deposit and remainder payments. You can then work with the alternative guide/guide service to develop a plan and pricing.
Travel & Rescue Insurance
- We strongly encourage everyone to consider purchasing travel insurance. Click here for a link to one company we've used in the past.
- We require rescue insurance for all international travel and we strongly recommend it for all our trips. Click here for the company we use and recommend, Global Rescue.
Click here to return to return to the International Adventures page.