Ben loves to play outside, however, whenever, and wherever he can. He works full time as a professor of Adventure Leadership at Lyndon State College. Prior to that, he was at The White Mountain School and served as Director of White Mountain Climbing Camp. Ben has taught college Adventure Education courses at the University of New Hampshire, Plymouth State University, and the University of Northern Colorado, in addition to leading extended wilderness courses throughout the American northeast, northwest, Canadian Rockies and Alaska. In addition to rock, ice, and alpine climbing, he is an avid backcountry skier and mountain biker. Whatever the activity, Ben is excited to share his passion for using the outdoors to help students learn and lead.
Trainings & Certifications
- American Mountain Guide Association (AMGA) Certified Rock Instructor
- American Mountain Guide Association (AMGA) Certified Single Pitch Instructor Provider
- American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education (AIARE) Level 1
- American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education (AIARE) Level 2
- SOLO Wilderness First Responder
- Phd, Education, University of New Hampshire